Join us for a family-friendly online craft-a-long to create your very own archaeological site from scrap with Bristol Scrapstore.
During the session, we’ll take you through some easy, step-by-step instructions and show you how to create an amazing archaeological scene from a few simple supplies and some junk. Once you’ve created your masterpiece, you can then bury it in sand, flour or cereal and have a go at excavating it!
You will need as much as the following as you can find:
- Container or box with sides (fast food container, cereal box cut in half longways)
- Things to make mosaic pattern with, cut up card, pasta, cut up bits from recycling, small bits of stone or tile
- Foil or something shiny to make treasure
- Wooden sticks, straws, building materials
- Sand / flour / soil /cereal or something to cover the mosaic over with
This session is part of the Festival of Archaeology, the UK’s biggest celebration of archaeology.
Session leader: This craft-a-long will be led by Amy from the Bristol Scrapstore.
How to take part
This free, online talk will be held over Zoom. Please book your place below. Details of how to join the session will be in your registration email. Please check your spam folder if the email does not arrive. Bookings close at 5pm on 29 July.
Although this talk is free, we would be grateful if you could consider making a donation.
Please visit the Zoom website for guidance on joining webinar. Please allow extra time before the talk begins to make sure everything is working correctly. It’s up to you whether you turn on your video but all guests will be muted once the talk begins. You are welcome to ask questions in the chat box throughout the talk.