Dress as an evacuee and find out about the evacuation experiences of children during World War Two. During this wartime more than 2 million children were evacuated from cities across the UK to places of safety. Learn about evacuation, life on the Home Front and take part in World War Two themed activities.
- Handle real objects from World War II
- Investigate what objects can tell us about life on the Home Front during World War II
- Be creative in a Make Do and Mend activity
- Try their hand at grow-your-own in a Dig for Victory garden
- Learn about the role of Civil Defence volunteers and take part in a training session
- Celebrate the end of the war with a VE Day party
Suitable for: Year 3 – 6
Duration: 3 hours (includes 30 min lunch break)
Group size: 1 class per day
Session availability: We have one session available at 11am-2pm
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Enjoy it in Blaise Castle Estate. A Lunch space is only available for groups booking workshops.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.