Become new members of the Dobunni tribe to discover more about daily life in the Iron Age.
Find out what Iron Age people ate, where they lived and what they wore. Also, traditional craft activities provide the chance to learn hands-on skills including spinning wool into thread, weaving a woollen panel and making a clay pot.
- Find out about key events from the Stone Age to Iron Age on a timeline
- Discover why Blaise was the perfect home for prehistoric people
- Handle real prehistoric artefacts
- Try Iron Age crafts including making a clay pot and weaving yarn
- Dress as a member of the local Dobunni tribe
Suitable for: Year 3 – 6
Duration: 2hrs 30mins (includes 30min lunch break)
Group size: 1 class per day
Picnic: Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Enjoy it in Blaise Castle Estate. In wet weather, an indoor lunch space is available for groups booking this workshop.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.