To set the scene, children will have the Stone Age to Iron Age timeline illustrated and explained. After this, your class will become new members of the Dobunni tribe where they will discover more about daily life in the Iron Age.
Find out what Iron Age people ate, where they lived and what they wore. In addition, traditional craft activities provide the chance to learn hands-on. For instance spinning wool into thread, weaving a woolen panel and making a clay pot.
- Find out about key events from the Stone Age to Iron Age
- Discover why Blaise was the perfect home to prehistoric people
- Handle real prehistoric artefacts
- Try Iron Age crafts including making a clay pot and weaving yarn
- Dress as a member of the local Dobunni tribe
Suitable for: Year 3 – 6
Duration: 2hrs 30mins (includes 30min lunch break)
Group size: 1 class per day
These workshops run on Thursdays and Fridays between April and July 2020. We have one session available 11am-2pm.
Picnic: Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Enjoy it in Blaise Castle Estate.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.