Explore the grounds of the Blaise Estate to discover what is happening in nature during different seasons – spring, summer or autumn. Complete a variety of hands-on activities that will help you identify and record the seasonal changes.
- Meet a natural history expert
- Use scientific equipment to investigate and record the weather
- Go on a guided walk to observe and discuss signs of the season
- Discover how animals adapt and prepare for the season
- Listen and identify birdsong
- Identify tree varieties and their seasonal changes
- Make a nature craft to take home
Suitable for: Year 1 – 2
Duration: 90 mins
Group size: 2 classes per day
These workshops run on Thursdays and Fridays between April and September. We have two sessions available at 11am-12.30pm and 12.30pm-2pm.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Enjoy it in Blaise Castle Estate. In wet weather, an indoor lunch space is available for groups booking this workshop.
“The children were interested in the different ways of looking at the weather. They were fascinated by the bird sounds and really benefited from the interactivity of this part of the day.”
KS 1 teacher
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.