Why are there giant footprints, a huge bath and even a stone chair carved into the cliffs of Blaise Castle Estate? Come on a walk through the magical woodland and listen to the gripping tale of two giants who changed Bristol’s landscape. Complete creative activities linked with the story in this active outdoor learning session.
- Follow in the footsteps of giants as they travel through the woods of Blaise Castle Estate
- Hear the story of giants Ghyston and Goram, whose quest for love left their mark on Bristol
- Identify tree varieties using a visual guide
- Take part in nature activities linked to the story, such as crown-making and woodland clay faces
- Listen and respond appropriately to adults and their peers
- Ask relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge
Suitable for: Year 1–3
Duration: 75 minutes
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
These sessions run on Thursdays and Fridays between 2 – 10 July 2020. We have two sessions at 11am-12.30pm and 12.30pm-2pm.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Enjoy it in Blaise Castle Estate. In wet weather, an indoor lunch space is available for groups booking this workshop.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.