Compare and contrast examples of toys from across time in this hands-on session. Then use our museum trail to explore the displays of old and traditional toys around the house.
- Observe and handle a variety of real and replica toys
- Investigate how toys move
- Play with illusion toys
- Identify the materials toys are made from
- Discuss how toys have changed over time
- Follow a teacher-led trail around the museum displays
Suitable for: Reception, Year 1–2
Duration: 1 hour workshop and 45min teacher-led toy trail around the museum
Group size: Up to 35 pupils – you can book more than one session
These workshops run on Thursdays and Fridays between April and November. There are two sessions at 11am-12pm and 12.30pm-1.30pm.
Planning on having a picnic as part of your visit? Enjoy it in Blaise Castle Estate. A Lunch space is only available for groups booking workshops.
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.