What knowledge and skills do archaeologists need to investigate the past? Develop archaeological skills and techniques with our 3 hands-on archaeology in action activities – Rot or not, mini excavation and ‘field-walking’.
• Find-out about different types of work undertaken by archaeologists
• Handle real archaeological finds from different historic periods
• Examine how physical evidence helps us construct the past
• Learn how we gather evidence using scientific and practical tools
• Interpret objects found by archaeologists to make conclusions
• Investigate what objects can tell us about the people who left them behind
• Discover how different materials survive in the ground
• Take part in a mock excavation
Suitable for: Year 3 – 6
Duration: 1.5hrs (includes 30min lunch break)
Group size: 2 classes per day, of up to 35 pupils
Session availability: We two sessions available at 11am-12.30pm and 12.30pm-2pm
Picnic: Why not eat your picnic lunch in the beautiful Blaise estate?
Learning enquiry form
Please complete this form to start the booking process.