Join our expert guides as they take you on a trip into Bristol’s old docklands, pointing out its maritime heritage and supplementing the tour with a wealth of fascinating photographs and maps.
- Tuesday 4 August 10.30am
- Tuesday 1 September 10.30am
- Tuesday 6 October 10.30am
- Tuesday 3 November 10.30am
- Tuesday 1 December 10.30am
M Shed – Floating Harbour – The New Cut – M Shed
Volunteer guides will meet you at M Shed information desk 5-10 minutes before the walk is due to begin. There will be breaks at key locations where the volunteers will point out sites of key interest and talk about their significance. Tours are not suitable for wheelchair users.
Although the routes are not strenuous, please be aware that surfaces may be uneven and could be slippery when wet. We strongly recommend that you dress appropriately for the weather with warm/waterproof clothing and comfortable footwear.
For your safety
Please take care when crossing busy roads and always use the designated crossings where indicated. Please be aware of other road users and pedestrians, particularly by leaving space on pavements for people to cross safely.
More Historical Walks
- Old City: Discover a millennium of history on this 1.8 mile walk around the heart of Bristol’s old city.
- Redcliffe: Venture on our guided walk into the once-autonomous township of Redcliffe, where you’ll find some of the most impressive remains of historical Bristol.
- Windmill Hill: Join our expert guides on a historical walk around Bedminster and Victoria Park looking at the key features of the Victorian expansion of south Bristol.