There’s so much to explore on the Second Floor of Bristol Museum & Art Gallery. From stunning paintings to one of the best collections of Chinese glass outside of Asia, we’re sure you’ll find something you love.
On the Second Floor there is:
- French Art – paintings by French artists, including work by Lucien Pissarro
- European Art – Old Master Italian and Dutch paintings (with a huge painting of Noah’s Ark by Dutch artist Jan Griffier the Elder)
- Victorian Art (Places of Desire) – featuring highlights from our collections of Victorian and Edwardian eras from the 1840s to the 1920s
- Eastern Art – a stunning array of ceramics, carvings and glass from China and Japan
- Pottery, ceramics and glass – exquisite craftsmanship and design. British and European collections are displayed alongside locally made wares, including Bristol Delftware and Bristol Blue Glass
- Silver – a glittering display against a backdrop of paintings by the Bristol School of Artists
- Exhibition Gallery 2 – keep an eye on what’s on to see what’s showing
Find out what you can see on the Ground Floor.
Find out what you can see on the First Floor.